Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Dry Erase Menu Board ( & A Teacher Gift)

I got the idea to do a dry erase menu board from my bff Kathryn. I was just using my regular ( old ) dry erase board. It's on my refrigerator for our grocery and drugstore lists. I was running out of room for everything- so this idea came at just the right time! I used paper and ribbon that I already had in my stash- so the only thing I had to purchase was the frame which I bought at Michael's. It was unfortunate that I didn't have a coupon ( for 40% off)- still it was only $10 which really isn't too bad. Normally, I would have waited for a coupon before buying the frame- but I was feeling creative and wanted to be able to put it all together when I was finished. The project was super quick and easy. I think it took me just over an hour to put it all together ( that's if you don't count all the interruptions I had yesterday). It probably wouldn't have taken that long if I didn't stickle all the letters. Anyhow, everything I used on this project was from SU!
I finished this project up yesterday morning. It's a thank you gift for Duncan's advisor, Chuck. I made peanut butter cookies with mini chocolate chips. After they cooled, I placed them in a celophane bag ( from SU!), I stapled it shut. Then I took a piece of Night of Navy CS ( from SU!) about 6" X 5" and folded it in half over the bag ( stapling again ). Next I cut out a 5 3/4" piece of light blue cs ( also SU!) for both the card and the treatbag. The "Thank you" I cut out with my Cricut.

No comments:

Post a Comment