Monday, February 2, 2009

Valentine Gable Boxes


I love these gable boxes! I think the kids will give one to their teachers on Valentines Day. I made these for a How TO I did for an online group ( Scrap Happy). I was pleasantly surprized at how easy these were to put together. The only real issue I had ( and this is operator error on my part)...was when I made the second one..for whatever reason, I couldn't get the oval punch to line up evenly on both flaps ( the one's that made the handles). VERY frustrating.


The cardstock is from Paper Trey Inc. I love their cardstock. The box with the hearts is stamped with a SU wheel stamp. The other gable box has a tree stamp on it purchase from my local stamp store ( Rubber Soul...) The tree stamp is made by Memory Box, as is the heart stamps( the small hearts on the tree) and the sentiment stamp( it says Valentine Greetings). As a finishing touch I put some yummy valentine chocolates in the box. Now that I found my paper crimper I intend to make my own crinkle paper as an added decorative element.








No comments:

Post a Comment