Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Sweet 16

First off I'd like to thank scrapinsara for this terrific challenge. She posted a "green" challenge in Scrap Happy. We were to create a mini album using recyclable stuff..like cereal boxes, soda boxes, cardboard boxes, and the chipboard that comes in those paper packs. I made mine with some soda boxes, small cardboard box, and some chipboard from paper stack. It's decorated with a line of paper called BLOOM&GROW from My Mind's Eye ( I really love this paper!). Anyhow, I decided to make the album for my niece Taryn's upcoming 16TH birthday.




This is the cover. I used the flowers that came with the kit stickled them, and used a pop up dot for added dimension. The title is orange puffy letters from Thickers.
I used my scallop punch to make the scallops on the orange paper. I used SU! jumbo eyelets for added protection.

Here's a close up of the stickled flowers.


I used stickles and pop up dots for dimension on these pages. The letters are from Thickers..Chit Chat ( orange puffy), Tinsel ( silver), PlayRoom ( green felt).



For this one I tilted one of the photo mats and added chipboard photo corners covered in coordinating paper. I also used a white sharpie for definition around the photo mats. On the flower page I used orange distressed stickles around the orange photo mat.





The flower was cut using my Cricut ( the cart is Walk in My Garden) and it's titled sisters. The next page is a horizontal scalloped page with 2 photo mats on it. Each mat has a set of buttons in a corner.





The arrow has some journal prompts. I want her to list her talents. I know she's a talented and creative person. I enhanced it with a chipboard bracket covered in coordinating paper.





This side of the scalloped page is called my faves. I listed a few things like favorite book, movie, TV show..that kind of thing. The arrow also has more journaling prompts. The opposite page has a large photo mat skewed. I added a stickled flower in the bottom corner ( with a pop up dot).




I wanted her to be able to have lots of pictures so I did a page with 4 mats- embellished with flowers and stickled dots ( around the orange mats ). Next is a vertical scalloped page. I added a long piece of white cs for journaling or pictures.


Here's the backside of the scalloped page. I embellished it with ribbon and a flower.




Here I added an envelope and coordinating tag.




I decided it would be really cool to have more area for pictures so I added this accordion tag album.



Here's the tag album folded up all nice and neat.
This is the end of the album. I thought it was fitting to add a little pocket and some tags for any other thoughts she might have. I plan on taking one of the tags and writing her a little note for remembrance.
So, that's it. All of the pages to this effort of love. I do love it..and if I hadn't of already titled it "Sweet 16" I'd probably be keeping it for myself. Sad but true.
Thanks again Sara. I love the idea. I love mini albums. YOU ROCK!




3 comments:

  1. Soooooo cute! I love the different size/shaped pages and all the little prompts. You put so much thought into it. Now I want to make one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's going to love it. Especially since shes getting more and more into photography and you've made it open for so many photos. Nice job. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely wonderful Katherine - I just adore all the journalling prompts, that's stuff that really fades with age, so it's cool to capture it at that age! I am happy to have inspired you, and any others to Scrap Green!!!
    -scrappinsara AKA Sara :D

    ReplyDelete