Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Bringing you sunbursts

I've spent the better part of the last two days working on this Sunburst album.- It actually took me a little longer- because I had to search out the directions for it... Anyhow, I added the finishing touches to the cover this morning. Over all, I am really pleased with the way this turned out- especially for my first "real" try. I made a template out of regular cardstock- just to make sure I could do it. I hate wasting my favorite paper, and since I know that my learning curve is high- I know better than to use any favorite paper the first time around.






There are seven pockets and each pocket holds a tag- that gives you fourteen "pages" to design. I only used seven for pictures- and the backs I decided to use for journaling.

I used my bind it all to hold it together- actually, all the paper together was too thick and it wouldn't find inside the BIA slot- so I thought outside the box and marked the holes where the BIA would punch and used my cropadile to punch the holes ( though, it was almost too thick for that too!). Then I placed the O-Rings through the holes and bound them together using the binding part of the BIA. Next time I try this, I won't use such thick cardstock. For this one I used SU! cardstock and My Mind's Eye double sided cardstock ( which is also very thick).



I used flowers made from SU! cardstock ( which made the opening very bulky)- I enhanced them with some white flowers from my stash- seven of the flowers I stickled with Tim Holtz distressed orange.



This is my son- posing dramatically for his birthday photo shoot. I love it when he acts like this- it's nice to be able to get a "real" smile instead of the " I'm being tortured" smile.



I stamped the back of most the tags using some of my Unity Stamps. I tried to journal on the back of each picture- I was only partially successful- it is such a challenge for me to put it down on paper.
Well, I'm sitting here getting cold- I think it's time to make nice warm mocha and get ready to call it a day. Thanks for stopping by. :)

Oh, yeah...before I forget- here's where I found the directions:
She's a neat lady with some really great ideas!




1 comment:

  1. So cute!

    I am doing a cricut cart giveaway. Please feel free to check out my blog for details:)

    ReplyDelete