Friday, July 2, 2010

Dry Erase To Do Boards

I Really love LOVE these dry erase To Do Lists. I use mine every day. I have plans with the kids to make them each one- hopefully, they'll actually use them this up coming school year. I made the one on the left side for my beautiful niece- her favorite color is red-but, since in order to be able to see what you're writing the color has to be light- I chose a lovely light blue print. Both frames came from the dollar store ( YAY ). I bought them unfinished and then painted them white and added polka dots ( red for Taryn and blue for me) . I used the paper in my stash. All the paper comes from SU! I cut the numbers out in vinyl using my Cricut Expression- the title was also cut using the Expression. This project came together really quickly- if I hadn't painted the frames - the time spent on these boards would have probably been around 30 minutes.
I have to say- there is a certain amount of satisfaction using these boards- to actually be able to see what you've accomplished during your day- AND being able to cross it off- Well, it's a good thing. I've been known to put something on the list that I know will get done- just for the satisfaction of crossing something off. It feels really good. :)



2 comments:

  1. Great idea! I'm thinking about making one for Merceydeis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kids and are still have to make theirs. I'm hoping that having the boards will help them be more organized. A mom can dream, right? :)

    ReplyDelete