Monday, July 12, 2010

A Summer Layout & Grandpa's Envelope Mini Album

I used a sketch from Unscripted Sketches (http://www.unscriptedsketches.com/ ). I really liked the way the sketch was laid out. I added ribbon ( twisted ) all the way around the picture border. The paper comes from Imaginese, the letters are Thickers. CS is from SU!














I started making this mini album for my grandpa just after this past Christmas. I picked this project to do at my BFF'S house. We try to get together every year ( usually right before New Years Eve)- a couple of years ago we decided to make sure we had a project to do together. Two years ago it was magnetic memo boards ( her project) and last year it was envelope mini albums. I bought everything for the project before we left town. Anyhow, it took me so long to get it finished because I couldn't decide on the pictures of my youngest niece. With the exception of the pictures of KK- all the pictures are from our trip to Southern California Spring Break 2009.
I don't recall the name of the paper line- but, I did use my Bind it All to bind the album together. Ribbon is from Martha Stewart, buttons are from my BFF ( Thanks Kathryn, they were perfect!), I also used rubons and bling-all from my stash. The CS is from SU!- Chocolate Chip.
Now, that this one is finished- maybe it's time to start another project. I'm thinking of using wood blocks. We'll see. I need to talk to my BFF- and do some research. I have the best Dad- he said that if I brought wood over- he'd cut it in pieces for me. :)




















No comments:

Post a Comment